Alan Greenspan in an interview with CNBC last week had several insightful things to say—
- “You’re seeing it pretty much throughout the world. It’s only a matter of time before it’s more in the U.S.” What’s the “it” he is referring to? Negative interest rates.
- On whether-or-not we have a recession will be up to the stock market.
- Our economy seems to be sagging.
- Our entitlement programs which have soaring expenditures because we are aging as a country is causing GDP growth to decrease as these entitlement programs are a drain on economic growth.
- Negative interest rates signifies that the world’s population is aging.
- He believes that we will see negative interest rates on some Treasury securities in the future.
- Gold prices are soaring as demand for HARD assets is increasing dramatically. This is why I think real estate prices will continue to rise.