Here is the latest 7 county data for September courtesy of SMDRA. We as the SMDRA Stats Committee purposed don’t count Boulder, Park, and Clear Creek counties in our report unlike DMAR. Second, we purposedly pull the data on the 4th business day of the month. Why? Real estate agents are required to post all sales by 3 business days after closing.
Thus, for homes that sold on September 30th should be reported as sales by October 3rd at midnight. Thus, we pulled the data on the 4th. We PRIZE having the most accurate data for you. We may not be the FIRST but we do have the most ACCURATE DATA.
- Buyers closed on 4,452 homes and condos last month, an increase of 9.5% from last September. But, down 4.8% from 2 years ago.
- Homeowners placed 5,518 new homes and condos on the market for the first-time last month. This was a tiny increase of just 0.7% from last September and a 1.6% increase from 2 years ago.
- Under contracts SOARED UP by 23.5% from last year as buyers placed 4,955 homes and condos under contract last month. Under contracts increased 8.7% from 2 years ago.
- At the end of September there were 8,330 homes and condos for sale, an increase of 8.3% from a year ago.
- This puts months of inventory at 1.87 months.
- Average sales price rose 5.1% from a year ago to $473,072.
- Average attached homes sales prices rose only 1.6% to $353,057.
- Average detached homes sales prices rose 5.9% to $523,654.
- Medan sales price rose 3.4% to $412,500 last month year over year.
- Median sales price for attached homes rose just 3.6% to $310k.
- Median sales price for detached homes rose 4.8% to $445,250.
- Our sales to list price ratio last month was 99.0% down from 99.3% in 2018 and 99.7% in 2017.
- Average CDOM dropped by 1 day year over year to 40 days.
- Median CDOM increased by 3 days year over year to 17 days.
- Median CDOM is < 30 days until the $800k price range.
I will have more data for you tomorrow and then I will provide you with my thoughts and insights.